CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS
New Milford Youth Lacrosse is a member of the Connecticut-New York Lacrosse Association (CONNY), the organizing body for youth lacrosse in Connecticut. All NMYL member (players, coaches and parents) are expected to support the CONNY Code of Conduct (see below). In addition, we ask that the parents remain on the "fan" side of the field, except for special circumstances. Only team coaches (maximum of three), players, scorekeepers/timekeepers will be permitted on the team side of the field. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
On the registration page you are asked to agree to the terms in the following document:
CONNY LACROSSE CODE OF CONDUCT
I wish to participate in Connecticut-New York Youth Lacrosse Association (CONNYLACROSSE) activities for the season. As a participant in such play, I pledge to:
- Learn the rules of lacrosse so that I may be a better player, coach, and fan.
- Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating only positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every event.
- Support the drug and tobacco-free environment that is important for all youth sporting events.
- Make only supportive comments to all players, coaches, and officials.
- Remember the field is a classroom and everyone is learning.
- Focus on the fun and the participation.
I also pledge NOT to:
- Ever use profanity at a youth event.
- Criticize the coaches, players, or officials.
- Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
This contract must be signed by any player, parent, or coach who wishes to participate in any CONNY event. A player′s form must be signed by his/her parent(s) or guardian. The signature indicates that the person has read and agreed to this Code of Conduct and knows that the consequences of violating one of these rules include ejection from the event. The CONNY Board of Directors will be notified of the ejection. The Board may decide that the ejectee must appear before the Board to describe the circumstances of the ejection.