Frequently Asked Questions by Parents:
1. What season is lacrosse played? Lacrosse is a spring sport which is played principally from March through mid June.
2. How are the teams divided? Girls and boys are same: K-1st Grade Intro Program, 8U: Bantams, 10U: Lightnings, 12U: Juniors, 14U: Seniors.
3. How much does the program cost? Registration fee is noted in registration area on left side of site. There will be a $80 cost to purchase a new uniform.
4. What is the deadline for registration? January 26, 2020.
5. What is NMYL's Refund policy? NMYL will fully refund your Spring 2020 registration fee if you cancel (inform us via e-mail) before midnight on January 26, 2020. Between January 27 and March 1, 75% of registration fees will be refunded. No Refunds issued after March 1.
6. When does NMYL start for 2020? Indoor practice sessions for the regular season will start March 8, 2020 at CSA.
7. Typically where do we practice? Canterbury School, Schaghticoke Middle School, Baldwin Park.
8.Where are away games for travel? All different locations. Primarily the games are in Litchfield, Fairfield and New Haven counties with some possibly in Hudson Valley, NY. Away game fields are listed on the home page menu "Away Directions".
9. How do parents stay informed of what's going on? Keep your eye on the NMYL website www.newmilfordlacrosse.org Also, when registering, make sure you provide your e-mail address to receive notices about the various league activities and from your child's team coach and manager.
10. What does my registration fee go towards? We determine the registration fee by adding up all our costs and looking at the number of participants. The fee covers referees and officials, uniforms, field rental and lining fees, personal and team equipment (goalie equipment, goals, nets, cones, balls etc.), medical kits, and jamboree and tournament fees.
11. What is U.S. Lacrosse? The national governing body of men's and women's lacrosse. All players will become members of U.S. Lacrosse upon registering for the NMYL programs. Their website is http://www.uslacrosse.org. US Lacrosse also provides insurance coverage for players in the program.
12. What are the major differences between Boys and Girls lacrosse? In Boys' lacrosse, body contact is allowed above 4th Grade and checking sticks are allowed. In Girls' lacrosse, no body contact allowed and stick checking at the 12U and 14U level.
13. What is the uniform? Uniforms must be purchased and can be used for multiple years or used by their siblings. The kit includes a Jersey, Shooter shirt, and Shorts or a Skirt. You will be contacted for sizes after registering on line. The cost for a uniform is $80.
14. What is CONNY? New Milford Youth Lacrosse is a member of the Connecticut-New York Lacrosse Association (CONNY), the organizing body for youth lacrosse in Connecticut. All NMYL member (players, coaches and parents) are expected to support the CONNY Code of Conduct (for more information go to www.connylacrosse.org).
15. I have a first time player, we don't know if they will do well if they have never played before? We always love to take in new players, with time, coaching, dedication and practice, we have seen first time players show great gains in skills improvement in one season. We promote honor of the game, team and sportsmanship of which builds team spirit and skilled players.
16. Is Financial Aid available? Yes, NMYL partners with MVP-SOS, an organization that provides funding for New Milford children who have financial need so that they are able to participate in sports. Applications and more detail can be found at www.mvpsos.org